The challenge typically presents itself with:
- Do we have a culture that is brave enough to explore?
- Can coaching have an impact on performance?
- Do we have a budget for coaching?
- Does coaching a investment need to come from Training, the HR department, a departmental or divisional budget?
- Who are the right coaches to help us?
Individuals who have invested in coaching with QuestUnique say:
- I never had the opportunity to reflect on my personal journey before i.e. not just role performance, rather,
- to think about myself as a human being
- to consciously be aware of my self in the context of my family and key relationships
- and yes about my professional life though only as a support of 1 and 2 above
- I can see how coaching can help others in my team
- I can see how coaching can help the culture in this organization
- It is amazing how the pressure of task performance overrides engaging with my colleagues as fellow human beings
- Leading others is actually easy when you respect others
- Coaching taught me about my own integrity and the value in others
- My coaching journey actually enhanced my communications inside and outside the company
- It is difficult to put into words what this coaching is doing for me – I am a different person, yet it is still me
- Reflecting of my values, strengths, personality, emotional intelligence, and my holistic self actually gives context, meaning and purpose. Yes these are the key anchors that helped me.
- Can you believe I discussed, shared and talked about my passions at work… and got respect for it?
- People say I have changed – become calmer, tolerant, patient and even someone to go to!
- I used to think I was very busy. In fact, I was well under utilized in terms of my own potential.
- Getting feedback from the coaching mirror of reflection enables me to give others better value adding feedback
- The experience of coaching has taught me about the art of separating the problem whilst having the conversation
- Coaching is not a bad word associated with poor performance. Quite the contrary!
- There is a safe environment that coaching allows where I can test my thoughts
- Coaching allowed me to positively identify potential in others even if it means to replace me
- Coaching taught me that I am not in competition with others
The Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership has provided a useful document entitled: The Business Case for Coaching: