How ROQUE Helps Others
ROQUE helps others by making a contribution from your payment for the use of the instrument. This money goes to The Stella Maris Trust which acts as the distributor of funds to projects within community aid programs.
Vision for ROQUE and Stella Marris
Stella Maris is the name for an independent Community Aid Program Trust. It is so named after the first Stella Maris Club created by Roque and Theo in the 1960’s in Mombasa, Kenya to create an environment for youth support activities.
We intend to create a Board of Trustees who are Volunteers and all contributions to the trust are distributed without administrative costs.
In the interim, funds are maintained and distributed from an independent bank account for full audit accountability.
This commitment reflects the QuestUnique teams values of recognising our place, role and duty in the Global community. From the perspective of our citizenship in the world, we are living, exchanging and making real a Global Village – where human beings live through philosophy, culture and aspiration in harmony with our worldly heritage through all the natural kingdoms. We each have the potential to reach out and share the wisdom of life and growth across borders, continents and experience – no matter our relative state to each other.
- All contributions from the ROQUE administrations i.e. USD$25.00 from every fee will be paid to the Stella Maris Trust as the single distribution channel for all donations made to considered Community Aid Programs.
- Currently the Stella Maris Trust is independent from Joseph D’Souza & Associates Pty Ltd and this separation is strategic to afford independence and autonomy to the Board of Trustees.
- In time, the Stella Maris Trust may elect to become a not-for-profit organization.
- A further USD$5.00 will be allocated to a volunteer fund for distribution to individuals via a bona fide process.
- It is the intent that as revenues (i.e over and above ROQUE Model Contributions) become available to Joseph D’Souza & Associates through the ROQUE administrations, Volunteer contributions will be made to the Board of Trustees to recognize and compensate for their volunteered efforts in administering the Stella Maris Trust.
- It is the intention that ALL CAP contributions from the ROQUE model administrations be made free of any management costs.
Project Selection Process
Community Aid projects will be selected for funding contributions using three guiding principles:
Feed a hungry man a fish for the day and you will satisfy his hunger for one day.
Help him to discover for himself how to fish, nurture and leverage his resources and he will cook, share and he will be without hunger for himself and those he supports for much longer.
Question: What skills education will be deployed to make the project and its outcomes sustainable?
Man – Know Thyself
With self-understanding, comes self-awareness.
With self-reflection comes a sense of being responsible and being accountable.
With self-respect comes a respect for others and one’s surroundings.
Question: What personal development or self education will the project provide for the benefiting individuals in the community?
Physician – Heal Thyself
Directions take away self-will and choice.
Sign Posts open worlds of possibilities.
Mirrors of Reflection test and challenge: they offer Clarity, Meaning and Purpose.
Question: What empowerment is given to receiving individuals to tap into their own potential and give of their unique value?
A few years ago Sister Celine Quadros, then Provincial for the Asia Pacific Region of the organisation Daughters of Charity was asked: What can we as professionals do to make a difference in your world of vocation? Her answer was immediate, direct and succinct:
“We need more individuals to make and give of their time. The caring world is about time spent with people during their time of need. The contribution of time goes much further than just money.”
A further USD$5.00 from your payment to use the ROQUE instrument will be credited to a volunteer fund. This resource will be used to make adhoc payments to cover expenses of individuals providing volunteer services in their local communities.
In summary, USD$30.00 from your reflection with ROQUE will be supporting others.
All funding contributions are independently audited and available for the public record on request.